Stay in shape and social distance at the same time with digital opportunities from some of Kansas City’s finest yoga studios and workout facilities, plus other ways to keep active while keeping physical separation.
Intention is just as important as flexibility and strength when it comes to yoga practice. Stay on top of your game—and focus on mindfulness—with these KC studios:
- Maya Yoga: Based in the heart of the Crossroads Arts District, Maya Yoga offers digital live streams of all classes.
- Power Life: Join the Power Life community with free courses on the studio’s YouTube page.
- Karma Tribe Yoga: Schedule a class online to join via Zoom for a wide variety of classes.
CHIEFS HUDDLE AT HOME
Parents will find plenty of educational resources for the family. Kids can learn to throw like MVP QB Patrick Mahomes, get fit alongside Chiefs legend Dante Hall and more, all for free.
CROSSFIT AND STRENGTH WORKOUTS
Free space and a few training essentials are all you need to get in a good CrossFit workout. Try instruction from any of the following gyms:
- The Hill: Free, virtual memberships are available from this highly acclaimed workout facility.
- CrossFit on 18th: Find frequent home challenges on this Crossroads studio’s Facebook page.
- Onelife: Stream live classes on Facebook to keep your strength and cardio in top shape this season.
- City Gym KC: This urban gym is also offering classes on Facebook Live, making it simple and easy to get your workout out.
BIKE AND RUN OUTDOORS
While group rides and runs are generally discouraged, cyclists and runners are still permitted to hit the streets and trails.
Aside from road rides, which are more accessible than ever thanks to free rides from RideKC Bike, a few urban parks stand out as longtime favorites for biking trails—just be sure to work out during off-times to avoid large crowds. Even better, listen to a Kansas City-themed Spotify playlist to fuel your exercise routine.
Great locations for trails:
HIKING IN AND AROUND KC
Stretch your legs and venture through the countryside by hiking in and around the Kansas City metro.
Well-known for its lush urban parks, the KC region also features hiking trails outside the normal hustle and bustle of the city, meaning you can visit destinations like Overland Park, Olathe, KCK and Independence to escape the house and get lost in nature.